Monday, April 24, 2006

Your Odama-ma

Another word about the Gamecube video game Odama, which I'm currently playing now: this game is so friggin' hard. It's making my life a living hell right now.

As I mentioned earlier, Odama is a quirky new game that mixes pinball and battlefield strategy. The appeal of this game is that you get to mow down trees, buildings, and enemy soldiers with your giant Odama ball. Conceptually, it sounds like a lot of fun.

I suppose you could say that I just suck at video games, but to achieve the objectives of each level under the given time limit is really, really hard and frustrating. In a lot of video games, if you keep practicing at the game, eventually you may develop the skill to successfully get through the game. In Odama however, there's a randomness to the pinball side of it which means you simply need to get lucky to advance in the game.

The sun will set on you many, many times.

You also need to be good at multitasking. On one hand, you're batting your pinball around; on the other, you're trying to use the microphone to order you're troops around the battlefield. It can be fun when you do well, but when you're getting nowhere it really sucks. It's taken me a long time to get nowhere in this game. If you saw me play this game, you'd see me screaming "March left! March left!" into my microphone, then throwing down my controller in disgust as my troops march straight ahead.

I hate this game so much. I'm going to have to start looking for cheat codes soon.

Um...yeah. Good luck with that.

No comments: