Friday, December 16, 2005

Fifty!

Hey! It’s my 50th post! What a milestone! Actually, it’s not much of a milestone. Considering I started this blog in late August of this year, I should have been past my 100th post if I had my act together and wrote something every day.

Unfortunately, I’m not that prolific.

Anyways, to commemorate this unremarkable milestone, I’d thought I list some of my favorite blogs I like to read. In no particular order, here they are:

mocha + blue: This is the one that inspired me to start my own blog. I looked at this blog and said, “Gee whiz, this looks fun. Gosh darn it, I’m gonna start my own blog!”. So I did (but I don’t really talk like that, for cryin’ out loud). If you look closely, this is where I swiped my sidebar setup from (thanks, Monica!)

Dave’s Long Box: I check this blog religiously for new posts. It’s all about Dave reviewing his comic book collection, and it’s the one blog that makes me laugh out loud. Dave has a sharp eye and a keen wit about all that is good and bad (mostly bad) about comics.

Daily Gluttony: This is all about a Southern California resident who loves food. She spends a lot of time going to new eating places and rating the food. It’s well written and pretty entertaining, although it doesn’t do me much good. If only we had a blog like this for the Bay Area…

Sketch Club: A group of artists pick a person they see during their lunch break, and each draws this person from memory. It’s interesting to see how each perceives the subject, as well seeing each artist’s distinct drawing style.

Go Fug Yourself: I’m not into fashion, but how can you not like a blog that pokes fun at what celebrities wear? It can be really vicious at times, but it never fails to amuse.

So much for the big 50th post gala celebration; be sure to check back for the even bigger 100th post blowout…in about five years.

No comments: