Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sleepy Friday

For many years, we've gone out and braved the Black Friday crowds, the day commonly known as the start of the holiday shopping season. We've traditionally got up super early, endured freezing cold weather and waited in long lines for stores to open. We executed shopping plans like a well-oiled machine. This year, however, I wasn't into it.

How can that be? Was I not feeling well? (No) Was I tired from a long work week? (No way, man) Am I getting old? (No... well, maybe)

I think I reached a point in my life where my personal comfort is more important than getting a good deal. I love a sale as much as the next guy, but if pushing, shoving, and the risk of bodily injury is involved, then forget about it.

Anyway, we ended pretty much buying everything we wanted online for the same prices that were available in the stores. All from the comfort of our own home. Thank God for the internet. On future Black Fridays, we may venture out again, but really... what looks better:

This?

Or this?

No comments: