Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Favorite Music of 2008

The year's almost over, so let's make a list!

In no particular order, here are my favorite albums and EP's from 2008:

Bloc Party - Intimacy: Sounds a lot like the previous two albums from this group, and that's a good thing.


Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight: Great folksy-indie rock from a Scottish band with the least intimidating name ever.


Girl Talk - Feed The Animals: An album full of mash-ups of raps over melodies from other songs. It's kind of fun to hear someone rapping over a tune you recognize, but before you know it, the song has moved on to something else.


The Kills - Midnight Boom: I love this record; it totally rocks. More cool than the White Stripes.


Los Campesinos! - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed - This group is like a more whimsical Arcade Fire.


Sharleen Spiteri - Melody - I love the Scottish group Texas, and I love this solo album by the lead singer. The most pop thing I have on my list.


She Wants Revenge - Save Your Soul: I enjoy a good male falsetto, but I also love music with deep, monotone vocals.


Tonight - Modern Romance: Kind of new wave-ish, kind of spacey. I listened to this EP continously when I first downloaded it.



Most of this music can be found for cheap at eMusic, which is where I find most of my new music nowadays. Give it a try if you get tired of listening to Fall Out Boy or Nickelback.

No comments: